That is so true in everything, including choir. I hope that we can work hard this year to continue the long-standing tradition of excellence in our music programs.
National Standards for Music Education
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Since 1994, the National Standards of Music have been implemented in schools across the country.. For more information, feel free to visit www.menc.org